Thursday, February 27, 2014

Reflection on Power Searching

After completing classes 1-6 on power searching with google, I feel like I am now capable of finding quotations and true information for essays. Not everything we read is true, and because of these classes, I know how to check if what I read on one website is an actual fact or not. By using Google Books, I can find out who said certain quotes that I find. Before, I would find great quotes but not know who the first person to say it was. Now I can site quotations in my essays much better. I also learned how to check if the information I read on one website is a fact or more of an opinion. By doing one more search I can check the information. This search can't be too specific because then it still won't be effective. The query should have the name of the topic that you are searching for but no specific numbers. These classes overall will improve the quality of all my work and hopefully enhence the actual outcome of the essay itself.

1 comment:

  1. I agree, being able to find specific words on a page is a very useful tool. Along with Google Books, I found the CTRL + F feature to be really helpful, because you can actually figure out if the words you want even exist on a page.

    ReplyDelete